Code: S2 Scot Seats Helmsman Seat
The S2 Helmsman seat, with a compact foot print can be mounted on a pod, tracked floor or mounting system. They are now fitted with FOX FLOAT shock as standard giving adjustable rebound compression and air pressure. The seats have an automatic body mass index compensation and are manufactured from marine grade anodized aluminium and stainless steel (316). Options on the seat include high or low back seats and they are suitable from 21kg upwards.
Scot Seats work with various organisations, regulatory bodies and associations to ensure that their seats meet the requirements and standards expected for Shock Mitigation seating. Our suspension systems are continuously undergoing testing using the data collated to improve techniques and designs.
There are several directives and guidance notes set out by the EU and the MCA on the effects of reducing shock mitigation, and seating is seen as a key area to help reduce the impact.
The Scot Seats range have several seating options available:
- The jockey seat is the most popular for small high speed craft where the occupant is in almost a standing position straddling the seat like a saddle on a horse with both feet on the deck and knees slightly bent. This position keeps the posture correct to lessen the chance of injury. Good seats will be able to be adjusted according to the height and weight of the people using the seats.
- Larger vessels tend to use the fully seated, feet off the deck Shock Mitigation seat. This seat is generally available with a safety harness or lap safety belt to secure the occupant in the seated position at all times.
- Lateral force can be one of the most damaging to the spine and occupant.
- The Scot Seats Shuffle™ system reduces the force significantly and when combined with the seat design the mitigation foam gives a superior level of ride, comfort and protection to the occupant.
- Constant or single impacts, shock blasts or vibrations can cause fatigue, reduce proficiency, pain, injuries and even death. Scot Seats use the MITIGATOR™ technology, which is an engineered cushioning system designed to protect people and equipment from these assaults.
- Scot Seats products are all stress tested and designed to comply with IMO High Speed Craft Code.
- The Scot Seats KPM-Marine suspension system is under continuous test and as a result we have amassed a vast amount of data in all sea states and body types.
Standard Features of the S2 Helmsman Seat:
- 150mm progressively damped shock mitigation system
- FOX Float Shock with adjustable rebound, compresssion and air pressure
- 50mm height adjustment with automatic Bady Mass index compensation
- MITIGATOR - Military spec mitigation foam (optional)
- Compact foot print
- Manufactured using marine grade anodized aluminium and stainless steel (316)
- Toughtec upholstery anti-slip, hard wearing, water and UV resistant (black or grey)
- Low or High back seat options
Optional Extras S2 Helmsman Seat:
- Folding armrests
- SITTAB adjusatble / folding armrests with options for fitment of controls
- Lap safety belt or 4-point harness
- GRP POD and footrest to increase seat height
- Tracked mounting system for easy adjustment / removal
- Custom embroidery.
Price on Application